We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night life?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Topic
night life?

Where's the best Night Life in Playa Del Carmen? We're staying at the Aventura Spa Palace, does anyone know how far this resort is from PDC and how much a taxi would cost if we decided to go check out the bars?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night life?

Depends on what kind of nightlife you're looking for....Senor Frogs is a popular place where the waiters dance with you, have crazy games, tequila conga line, etc. Carlos 'n Charlies is just up the street....then on Avenida Quinta there are all kinds of bars/cantinas....there's beach bars also, some w/swings, one is like a Pirate ship. Your hotel has daily shuttles to PDC. You could take a shuttle over and a taxi back. Shouldn't be more than $10-15 for a taxi.

austin, tx
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: night life?

best bars: Blue Parrot, Tutix (both on the beach. each of these has smaller bars next door, which are cool, I forget the names)

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night life?

Your resort is right next to Puerto Aventuras which is about 25 min taxi ride... Taxi will be around 18$ each way...

There are a couple of bars in Puerto Aventuras, Richards is one... right on the lagoon by the dolphins... nice, but very very laid back... very few people at night at these places....

All kinds of bars on 5th ave in Playa...

Like Candy Lady said, Blue Parrott, Captain Tutix are both the spots to be on the beach...

There is a Cuban rest and Bar in the new mall at the south end of 5th ave ... La B de M with a live band most nights...

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night life?

Psychopsis, you'll be there the same time as I am...maybe we'll see each other and not even know it! ;-)

Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: night life?

hehe...maybe I should go to clubs with my trip advisor name on my body somewhere :-) Then you can sya hey! lol

Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: night life?

Oh yeah...what kind of music do they play at these clubs? I'm a big fan of techno and trance at clubs! Especially when I'm wasted, I like feeling the music through my whole body!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
303 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: night life?

how far is Paraiso maya from 5th ave? and the bars on the beach?? How can i get there?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: night life?

Psychopsis69- that's what a bunch of us are doing in April when we meet at the CPC....(names on tshirts).

Most of the bars in Playa are not techno...although there may be some. We like Senor Frogs, Carlos 'n Charlies, some of the beach bars, Frida bar. You'll find something you like...just start walking on 5th Avenue.