We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wyndham Aztec pics?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
954 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wyndham Aztec pics?

Anyone have vacation pics at the Azteca? Esp. the beach? I am wondering if the beach at the Azteca is as washed away as the Maya and does it have a big drop off as well?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

I was there in the summer (04). There was at that time no drop off what so ever.

You can view my pictures at the playinfo board in the multimedia section ---Cutter Family

Beach was very nice at that time. Gotta get out the early if you want shade!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
954 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

thanks for sharing the pics. Did you bring your own sand toys? Does the resort have them?

Toronto,On
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

We just returned from the Viva Wyndham Maya resort and the Azteca is only 2 hotels away. The beach was badly eroded due to recent storms. There is no room to play beach games unless you walk further south where the beach is much wider. There is a 2' drop off from the beach chairs on the sand to the actual beach.

I have written a revue which includes a couple of pictures of my daughter's wedding and one taken on the beach.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
954 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

Ozz - where did you post your review and pics

Edmonton, AB
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

We're staying at the Azteca February 4 for one week with 4 adults and 4 kids (5,6,8,9). I'd also love to see any pictures anyone has. Also, we're in Edmonton and wondering if anyone knows where I can buy biodegradable sunscreen. Apparently you need it for the Xel-Ha park and I'd rather buy here than spend $20 US for a bottle at the park. Any info would be appreciated!!

Toronto,On
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

I just wrote the revue and sent pictures last night (Jan 24,2004) so it may not be processed yet.

Toronto,On
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

sunrlb,

Post your email address and I will send you pix of the beach at Viva Maya, 2 hotels down from Azteca. When are you going?

The walkable beach in front of a few hotels south is much wider and flatter. This drop-off people talk about is a shelf more than a drop-off and it is not that big a deal!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
954 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

sunrlb@yahoo.com

Thanks

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
954 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

sorry forgot to answer:

We are going in April. Maybe the problem will correct itself. If not, it won't destory my vacation. I can make the best of things. :)

Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wyndham Aztec pics?

sunrib - Did you book into the Azteca for April?