We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
canton ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
honeymoon question

well we get married in a few months and on may 13 to may 20 we are looking into the riu yucatn or palace, we have researched both a good bit and we just can't make up our minds i'm worried the beach will be crowded at the yucatan and that the palace is a little to much for my budget and stuffy . should we just stay the 6 days at the palace ? to help me for my budget or stay all 7 days at the yucatan and hope it will be ok ... we are 28 and 31 .. i kinda like a little action going on and my wife to be likes anything..i wouldn't say we are to stuffy , and as far as food we aren't to worried... and i hear people say the drinks are weak somtimes ... i'm sure we can drink enough weak ones to equal strong ones.. lol... so if u can help me out, i would really apperciate it .. thanks so much marc and diana

Newport, Rhode...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon question

My boyfriend and I just returned from the Yucatan last week. We too were debating about which to stay at and were completely satisfied with the Yucatan. Yes, the beach is busier at the Yucatan as opposed to the Palace, but we never felt like it was over-crowded. We were down by 9, 9:30 every day and never had a problem getting chairs. Even the day we arrived, we went down to the beach at 1:30 and had no problem finding chairs. The drinks are small and weak, but do a couple of Tequila Boom-Booms and you will be well on your way. The food was average, but not bad. I say save the money and go enjoy yourselves at the Yucatan. We had one of the most relaxing vacations.

Nacogdoches, Texas
Level Contributor
110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon question

My wife and i stayed at the yucatn a few years ago. It was a nice resort and we did not have a problem with crowds on the beach. Food was just ok but if you find the right bartender the drinks are pretty good. If you are looking for some action at night, there is not a lot going on there. The same can be said for most resorts in the area. Remember you are just a $5 taxi ride from town and there is alway something going on there. My advise, stay at the yucatn, save some money and go into town for drinks a few nights. congrats & have fun!!

Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon question

We've stayed at the RIU Yucatan, Palace and PlayaCar. We liked them all. The Palace was definately STUFFY. This year we booked the Yucatan again for late Feb. They just renovated it so we're anxious to see what they've done. We thought it was great three years ago. We walked through it last year just before it closed so we don't know what changes they were making. Have fun. You'll be happy with which ever you choose.