We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

I have been researching for a few months now and I have a question about the Occidental Grand Xcaret Resort . I know that they have a Royal Club section but some travel sites make mention of Royal Club rooms and others mention that there are Royal Club Junior suites as well . Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the two ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

bump

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

Anybody out there ?????

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

my info is not the most current... we stayed at the royal club twice in 2003 and we loved it. yes, there is a difference between royal club accomodations and a RC junior suite. the junior suite is huge and basically 2 rooms. the regular rooms are just regular room, but in the RC section. we stayed in 2 different configurations of junior suites. . one had an actual seperate bedroom with a door, and the other just had the bedroom seperated by walls and archways. they were both great- try to request an ocean view- breath-taking!. the RC had, bar none, the finest service we've ever encountered in mexico. they couldn't do enough for you!! i can't speak highly enough about our 2 stays there.

we haven't gone back as we like to keep trying new places, but we DO return to those that we find that are excellent !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

osparki

Thanks for the info .

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

tejay,

you are welcome :)

Ontario Ont
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

We stayed at Royal Club May 2005. The previous response explained the rooms as they are. It is an excellent resort and Royal Club is amazing. Very relaxing vacation with much pampering. Service, food and surroundings all fabulous! We would go back in a minute!

UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

We also stayed at the Royal Club for our honeymoon in June 2005. We had a junior suite which was really big. The standard royal club rooms are really luxurious but don't have the separate bedroom area. The master suites in the royal club are a junior suite and a room joined by an interconnecting door and probably are ideal for a family stay with older children so you get a bit of privacy. unfortunately, you pay a huge price for this! We are going back in February this year with our 11 year old son and will stay in a junior suite again. the service and everything else you get in the royal club is far superior to most AI hotels we have stayed in all over the world. The word 'NO' doesn't seem to exist! Have a great trip. We certainly will!!!

mexico
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

Please contact Royal Club Manager Marcela Gomez at mgomez@mx.occidentalhotels.com

Newmarket, ON
Level Contributor
215 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

Hola Apichardo,

We stayed at the OGFX 2 years ago and had a wonderful time. We are headed back there in 2 weeks. Would you be able to provide an e-mail address for the regular part of the resort, so that I may place a building/room request? I tried the e-mail link on the site, but got no response.

Muchas Gracias!

England
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Flamenco Xcaret - Royal Club / Royal Club Junior Suite

I've booked to stay in a Royal Club room from 8 to 15 Feb. Are all the rooms ocean-facing? Thanks for your help, if they're not then I'll email ahead and try to request such a room.