We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancun and cozumel trips from pdc

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Essex,united kingdom
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cancun and cozumel trips from pdc

What is your opinion of these trips? are they worth it p.s i love shopping

ama
California
Level Contributor
266 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancun and cozumel trips from pdc

In my opinion, you don't really need to go to Cancun for nightlife or shopping. There's plenty of it on 5th Ave in PDC, you'll find a wide variety of stores and bars/clubs with different types of atmospheres. I heard that all Cancun basically is a big commercialized city, just many hotels and loud dance clubs. I suppose if you want to "party hard" Cancun might be a good choice, but honestly there were plenty of places on PDC to have fun.

As for Cozumel, if you're mainly interested in snorkeling, there's plenty of places near PDC to do that (Xel-Ha, or Akumal) as well. I also heard that the shopping is virtually the same in Cozumel and PDC, with PDC having better deals.

I think it also depends on how many days you're going for vacation. If you have tons of time, it might be fun to check out both places. For us, we were in PDC for 8 days and barely had enough time to really visit all the places we wanted. We loved the beach and the town though. Have fun!

Essex,united kingdom
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cancun and cozumel trips from pdc

thanks for the advice, im not realy into fully on partying just livly bars and shops were going for 2 weeks so im just curious of what trips we could do while were their as i dont like to miss stuff!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cancun and cozumel trips from pdc

Once you get there, you'll hear about different excursions and may decide to so some of them. Playa has THE best prices if you want to shop. If you want to snorkel or just go exploring for an afternoon, Cozumel is a nice little trip. Ferries run all day every hour, so you can return anytime you want.

Essex,united kingdom
Level Contributor
720 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cancun and cozumel trips from pdc

thankyou