We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SMB Tropical View Room

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
SMB Tropical View Room

Hi everyone.

I am sure this question has been asked before. I did a search though the forums and couldn’t really find anything to answer my question however.

We are staying at SMB and booked a Tropical View room.

I see a lot of people talking about Partial Ocean View and Ocean View, but never Tropical View.

Does anybody know where these rooms are located on the property?

I looked on the website and unless they are booked out, this room type doesn’t seem to exist?

There was a fee to upgrade to a partial ocean view, ocean, so on and so forth.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks 

Chelsea, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SMB Tropical View Room

Tropical view means garden or forest view. Likely facing outside, since in-side would be swim-out or partial ocean view.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SMB Tropical View Room

The buildings at SMB are set up in a kind of U-shape, with the open/top part of the U being the beach and the closed/bottom part of the U being the main building with restaurants (and some rooms). Then, at the top of the U, two buildings jut out on either side, like an upside down omega, and those are the ocean front preferred suites. However, there is another building outside of the U that directly faces the ocean, but may have an obscured view of the water due to trees. That may be what they mean by tropical view.

Oswego, Illinois
Level Contributor
177 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SMB Tropical View Room

On a related note, are all of the room interiors the same layout?

Also does anyone know how the buildings are numbered? We have a swim out suite and would like one on the North side of the reosrt.

Thanks

-F-

Texas
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: SMB Tropical View Room

From Secrets facebook page...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?fbid=150152038330756&set=t.60615053702&pid=480886&id=100000078825898

5. Re: SMB Tropical View Room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, April 12, 2011