We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gala Beach Resort info please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
Gala Beach Resort info please

So many mixed reviews.

How is the beach right now? Is the food good or bad? Are the rooms clean? Is the Kids Club a good option?

Anything else would be great.

Thanks

T

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gala Beach Resort info please

Our room was very nice. very clean. Bathroom very clean.

Food was very good. The resort in general was very clean.

We don't have kids, but they looked like they had fun at the kids organized pool party. There were alot of families with kids there. We travel alot and I would not hesitate to return to the Gala. One nice thing, they have elevators.

Seattle,Wa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gala Beach Resort info please

We stayed at the Gala and the Barcelo. The Gala was nice. The beach was great. Lots of activity and great for swimming. My kids were a little older 7 and 9 and did not really enjoy the kids club much. Not much participation by older kids. We had recently come from the Barcelo. The Gala was nice but in my opinion lacked that extra something special. For the same money you can definately find a step up. (a little more luxury) I would go back to the Barcelo in a heart beat. Probably not the Gala. This year we are going to the resort next door. Iberostar Tucan. ( If we hadn't been to any other resorts we probably would have been more satisfied with the Gala)

New Milford, CT
Level Contributor
348 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gala Beach Resort info please

We have stayed at the Gala and really enjoyed it. Kids club is really for smaller kids. Ours were 4 and 6 and spent one afternoon at the kids club. They also open the dico to kids until 9:00pm? not 100% sure on the time. The beach was fantastic and the food was very good. You will not go wrong if you go there.