We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

riu palace riviera maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
kkr
RI
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
riu palace riviera maya

I am booking a vacation Feb 5 to Feb 11. The new Riu Palace Riviera Maya is supposed to be open then. Any info on the status or recommendations as to whether I should go with the new Riviera Maya or book with the Palace Mexico.

Thanks!

Midland, MI
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: riu palace riviera maya

Do you mean either Riviera or Cancun?

If that is what you mena..I would go for the Riviera Maya...personally I like it much better down there then in Cancun. It is a really nice are...we go to The Riu Tequila in PDC & LOVE it!

kkr
RI
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: riu palace riviera maya

They both are in PDC--Its just that The RIU Palace Riviera Maya is brand new.

Midland, MI
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: riu palace riviera maya

You know I was wondering that after I posted b/c I knew that there was a new one.....thank you.

N.J. USA
Level Contributor
328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: riu palace riviera maya

I obsessed with the same question for a mid March vacation and finally chickened out and booked the Palace Mexico. I keep thinking I made a mistake by not trusting that the new resort will be ready. Check out riubambu.com. People there say that they are on schedule. However, they are not due to open until Feb and your vacation is for early Feb.

kkr
RI
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: riu palace riviera maya

I went ahead and booked the new one. I figure if its not ready,than they will bump me to another Riu or if its open but a lot of construction, ect, and we are really unhappy, we can request a move.

My husband is excited to be one of the first guests! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: riu palace riviera maya

I will be waiting to hear how your vacation went. We are booking this hotel for November 2006!!