We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Tucan VS IB Quetzel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
N.J. USA
Level Contributor
340 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
IB Tucan VS IB Quetzel

I understand that these are just different sides of the same hotel. However, the Tucan is ranked # 4 on TripAdvisor while the Quetzel is ranked #10. APple will not book the Tucan unless you take it as a package with air (which I don't need) and FunJet books the Quetzel. Can anyone account for the difference in the ratings of these two? THanks

Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Tucan VS IB Quetzel

The only differences are the way the rooms face, and the lobby bars - as far as I can tell. Somebody else maybe can tell you another difference. As far as the difference in the bars, the Tucan bar seems to be livlier than the Quetzal. Either way, same hotel - just different names.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
541 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Tucan VS IB Quetzel

It doesn't matter which side you stay in, you get to use everything on the property so I would just book with whichever one you can get the best deal. I'm not sure why the ratings would be different, I think it might just be that less people who have stayed on the Quetzal side have given ratings.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Tucan VS IB Quetzel

I was at the Tucan in November 2005 and they are both in the same resort. At that time the Tucan was the only resort open. It apearred that the quezel had sufford more damage from Wilma and there was srill work going on there. I felt that the Tucan might be newer than the Quetzel and that might lead to higher rankings, but you can use everthing on either side of the resort. The Tucan is on the south side of the resort.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Tucan VS IB Quetzel

Ditto,

We were there and they are really one resort. It really doesn't matter which side you're at, they are both good.