We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go in October 2006

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oregon
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to go in October 2006

My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversay next late October and would like to spend 10 days somewhere tropical but we don't know what our options are considering it will be hurricane season. We've been to Hawaii so somehere new would be great. We want a nice resort and great weather, any ideas?

Methuen, MA
Level Contributor
471 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to go in October 2006

After this year's hurricane season I too would want to stay away from the hurricanes. Aruba is out of the hurricane belt and very nice

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
576 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to go in October 2006

lloveleo, we stayed at Secrets Capri Oct. 2004. Weather was fantastic and great atmosphere for your anniversary. It's one of those hit or miss type of situations, depends on good ole mother nature! Highly recommend Secrets. If you "click" on our "handle' posting name you'll see all our posts for Secrets!

michigan
Level Contributor
648 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to go in October 2006

If you decide to book somewhere in potential hurricane zone, just make sure that you get trip insurance that you can cancel for any reason. That way if one is potentially heading for your destination of choice, you can switch to a new location at last minute. I think the easiest way to do that is to book a whole charter package with hotel and air. Congratulations on your anniversary!!

calgary,ab
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to go in October 2006

Suggest the west coast at that time of year.

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to go in October 2006

I love that side of Mexico but not that time of year. Cabo is a blast!!!

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to go in October 2006

I love that side of Mexico but not that time of year! Cabo is great, the weather is perfect and tons to do. Many nice resorts too.

Burleson, Texas
Level Contributor
367 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to go in October 2006

We always plan our vacations for the last week in October. Great time of year. Less crowded. This year was the only time in the last 8 years of going to PDC that we got bit by a hurricane. I say risk it. That's part of the fun.

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,289 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to go in October 2006

I agree with tequila-guy. Is slow season too, so you can wait till the last minute to book. You'll get great airfare and hotel deals. We went in Sep last minute and it was great. Congrats

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
409 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: where to go in October 2006

What I would do is check the predictions of meteorologists in April or May . They warned of many major hurricanmes in the Atlantic this year and they were absolutely right . They report their warnings and give an approximate number breaking it down into tropical storms and hurricanes in the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans . Again they were bang on with their predictions and warnings . Then you can pick a coast .

london,Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to go in October 2006

Typically the end of hurricane season is the end of November so to avoid the possibility then you could always book for the end of November and it's only a month away from your anniversary- just something to consider.