We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Secrets Resorts or Aventura Spa Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Central NJ
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Info on Secrets Resorts or Aventura Spa Palace

Had a trip planned for 12/6 to Secrets Excellence Punta Cana, but we are afraid that the resorts will not be 100% by that time. We are now considering changing our destination. Secrets Punta Cana looked like it had everything we were looking for to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary...secluded, quiet, relaxing, and adults only! Would be interested in hearing about any comparable resorts in the Riviera Maya area. Thanks, to those who respond !

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Info on Secrets Resorts or Aventura Spa Palace

Thanks for your input, maggie10lou! Well, I did rule out Aventura Spa Palace for that very reason. I want a real beach! I just wanted to get a feel for what others thought. I feel confident that I have made the right decision with the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo! Can't wait! :0)

NC
8 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Info on Secrets Resorts or Aventura Spa Palace

I have seen a few references to Xhu-PA's beach. Is this beach open to the public?

Jae
Peachtree City, GA
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Info on Secrets Resorts or Aventura Spa Palace

I have stayed at the Aventura Spa twice for a total of 16 days. The resort is in an area that is primarily coral. They have created several beaches, lagoons, where you can swim, kayak, snorkle, (minimal fish though) sun or lay under the palm trees. The water is like a bathtub...depending on time of year. Very clear unless a storm has just visited the area. They also have "palapas" over the water which divide the various lagoons. The palapas are for spa treatments. 70% of the rooms offer a king bed and most offer an ocean view. I am a travel agent also and specialize in the area. I have NEVER had one complaint and I sell this resort more than any other....mostly to honeymooners and couples celebrating an anniversary.

I have put several couples at Secrets Excellence in Punta Cana and they also raved. They have a very good reputation overall. Keep in mind that you will always find people that will complain about anything. If it rains, they hate the resort, as though one has to do with the other. Take reviews with a grain of salt, as everybody has different expectations, travel experiences, etc.

Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic