We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

Hi -

I'm heading to Secrets Capri in January, and I'm glad to hear that the resort should be in good shape by then - sounds like the staff has already put a lot of work into cleaning up after Wilma.

I've been to Cancun a couple of times, but never to Secrets Capri, and I just wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions/recommendations for pre-arranging transportation to and from the airport to the resort. I know that you can usually get a better rate that way rather than taking one of the cabs that flood you right as you leave the airport. And I really want to have all of that setup and taken care of before we get there - one less thing to worry about! Any help would be really appreciated!!

Thanks,

CLTHokie

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Riviera Travel Adventure
Taxis & Shuttles
Playita Tours
Taxis & Shuttles, Archaeology Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
TaxiGO
Taxis & Shuttles
Alliston, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

Hi There!!

Went to Secrets in June, we had our tranfers included, not sure if you do??

Is your concern alternate transportation or does your package not offer this perk.

I ask this only because the transportation we received was excellent, private minivan with beverages and a hot shot driver that got us to the resort in 15 minutes!!! If your package does not throw the transfers in; I know that the resort does offer airport transfers for additional $$. The website is www.secretsresorts.com. I believe you can contact by Email or Phone. Just for reference the Asst. Managers name is Mauricio Martinez and the General Managers name is Eric, Eric is a Canadian and speaks perfect ENGLISH!!!! You will not be disappionted in the Capri, best resort I have been to in Maya, however a word of caution request a room in the two outer wings, the main building is VERY noisey!! And if you can get it a non adjoining room, its much more quiet. Don't know if you are interested but I did write a very detailed review reg restaurants, bars etc, it is called " the good outways the bad ". Have fun!!!!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

Lornadeee -

Thanks for your suggestions. We booked our trip through Travelocity, but not as part of a package since we are using frequent flier miles for our airline tickets, so transfers were not included. I did try to request info by sending an email to the general Capri email address 'info@secretscapri....', but didn't hear any response - although that could have had something to do with the timing of the email since I sent it the week before Wilma came through. I'll try again to send an email and direct it to the managers that you listed. Thanks again! Can't wait to visit the resort!

- CLTHokie

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

Hi!

We stayed at Capri last month and LOVED it!! We had transportation arranged through Olympus - which has a desk right at the resort - we also used them to book an excursion to Tulum and Xel-Ha. They were very good.

Have a great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

Oceangirl -

Thanks for your note. On the Travelocity site (where we booked our rooms at Capri) they have an 'add-on' for airport transfers - also using Olympus, as you mentioned. It definitely sounds as if they're reliable - it just seems like $48/person roundtrip is a lot. I guess that isn't too bad. Our total group is 8 people, but we're on two different flights coming in, so we can't really get a group rate or anything. I'm going to do a little more looking around to see if I can find any other transportation options, but it looks like Olympus may be the way to go. Thanks again!

Any other recommendations for transportation from the Cancun airport to Secrets Capri from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

- CLTHokie

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
boonies
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

When are you going CLTHokie? We'll be there Jan 7-14; we're actually looking to share a van transport to minize the cost...don't need the whole van for just us!

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help w/ transportation to/from airport to Secrets Capri

luvinplaya - We aren't heading down until the 13th, so it doesn't look like we'd able to share transportation. Thanks for the offer though!

- CLTHokie