We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is Mexicos Summer? Winter?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton CANADA
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
When is Mexicos Summer? Winter?

My aunt just got back from PDC and said it was winter in Mexico and very few flowers were in bloom, all the Mexicans wore long sleeves and although it was nice she was hoping to see things in *full bloom*....When is Mexicos Spring/Summer??

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When is Mexicos Summer? Winter?

Mexico's summer and winter is the same as ours....only being they are closer to the equator, it's still warm. The evenings can be cool, so you should bring a light jacket or sweater with you. Better to go in winter as the humidity level is low.

Edmonton CANADA
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When is Mexicos Summer? Winter?

Thank you! So then spring would be the best time to see Mexico in *full bloom*?? I'm in Canada and our spring isn't until like April here.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When is Mexicos Summer? Winter?

Yes, but I would think it would be earlier than April in Mexico....?? Just guessing (since it is much warmer there)...if you go any later than mid April, it will be ghastly humid and hot!

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is Mexicos Summer? Winter?

Hey Candylady, yes you are absolutely correct. We were at the Bahia Principe Tulum in April '03 (last two weeks) and it was extremely hot and somewhat humid. The humidity didn't hit until the second week of our stay. We are going back this April (95 more sleeps) and can't wait. Humidity or not, we love the Bahia.

Everything was in full bloom in April and absolutely stunning!

Although when we were in Cuba last year (last 2 in April as well), things were just starting to bloom, the Cubans said mid-May everything would be in full bloom. Funny how that works, when in Mexico mid April everything will be in bloom.

Edmonton CANADA
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When is Mexicos Summer? Winter?

I'll have to go for Spring Break then....yikes! lol Its the only time I have a sitter besides end of April lol