We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XCaret

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
204 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
XCaret

Any damage reports on the Grand Flamenco Xcaret in Playa Del Carmen?

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: XCaret

Soccermama-there are a couple of posts about this. Yesterday at 4:30pm the Toronto head office told me that they still had not made contact with the hotel. I think that is pretty stupid since most other major hotels have posted something on their website. I told her this and she was going to have her manager look into it and get back to me. Of course nothing yet. My husband is currently at the TA's office so I should know if there is anyinfo soon.

Michigan
Level Contributor
204 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: XCaret

thanks - I'll keep watching for info. We aren't going until February, but didn't buy insurance. So we are still nervous!

Burlington, ON
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: XCaret

Feb- you have lots of time. Xcaret park is saying that is will reopen in Dec.

I am surpost to be going next Friday!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
113 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: XCaret

I phoned the resort offices in Spain because nobody answered in Miami or in Xcaret. They said the hotel suffered little damage and they're already cleaning everything. My family in Mexico heard that everything will be OK after the 2nd week of november. The hotel zone in all the riviera will be the first to be cleaned up and/or rebuilt so don't expect downtown Cancun or Playa to be clean or nice... that will be the last part they'll take care of.