We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

Looking forward to VIM stay early thru mid sept. When reading reviews, folks were saying they saw iguanas sunbathing.

Most of the recent reviews do not mention. Just curious is this is frequent.

I'm personally not too eager to see, hold or touch one...BUT my boyfriend would really enjoy.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

I am sure you will see at least one. They are everywhere in that part of the world. If you take a trip to Tulum you will see them EVERYWHERE.

USA
Level Contributor
698 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

When we were there in October, we saw a few everyday. They were usually on the rocks by the trail, and when we'd try to take a picture, they would stick around for thirty seconds or so before deciding to split.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

this is the only part of my trip that has me a little concerned..I am scared to death to wake up to one perched atop our headboard..hoping they are just as scared of me as I am of them

2 DAYS TO GO-WOOHOO!!!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

Nonebetter - I am sooo jealous. 26 days for me.

Yeah, that would be an interesting way to wake up :)

Enjoy your time. Any feedback upon return would be appreciated.

I am actually looking forward to the turtle release if possible during my stay. I am not sure if there is particular season for the turtles to hatch.

Raquel

liverpool ny
Level Contributor
824 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

We got back a week ago and saw a lot of iguanas--big and small! However, I doubt that you will get them in the rooms. I have heard of the small lizards sneaking into the rooms but I highly doubt the big ones are interested in being out of the heat and into the AC. There is a resort photographer that goes around with an iguana day so guests can pose with it! Also a parrot and a monkey. The monkey was quite fresh--all over the women's boobs! We laughed about that all week! Oasis--you will enjoy this resort!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

Yep, you will definitely see lots of iguanas anywhere you go in this part of mexico. Although, they WILL NOT be in your room. The lizards people see in the rooms are geckos, which are much smaller and quite harmless. They eat mosquitos too, so they are my friend :)

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
131 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

glad to know I won't have to contend with those guys when I open my eyes ;) thanks everyone I'll be sure to post a review when I return and let you know all the details

Atlanta
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

Thanks all!! Great information. If I were an iguana I would like to be sitting in the sun too not indoors. Actually, even if I wasn't an iguana I would want to be sitting in the sun right about now :)

9. Re: Valentin- Any Iguana sightings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, February 11, 2010