We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tickets for Xcaret?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Cicero, NY
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best tickets for Xcaret?

Is it better to but tickets ahead of time over the net, or buy at the resort? In Playa itself? Also, is it better to take a taxi, or a bus excursion? We will be at the Wyndham Azteca.

Springfield
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best tickets for Xcaret?

First of all, Xcaret is worth 10 times what they charge you!

I would reccomend buying tickets at the gate. The gate price and online price are usually about the same (if either is higher, its the online price). You can go with tours, but I would reccomend going solo, as it will be easier to do what you want to do and stay as long as you want. In addition, you can save money by going solo vs. with a tour.

There will be salesmen in Playa that will tell you they can get your tickets for as little as $10 US, but you must attend their timeshare sales pitch or something of the sort. Just pay the $40 some odd dollars that you are charged at the Xcaret gate and have a blast.

If you like to snorkel, they have a complete package of goggles, fins, and snorkel for $10 USD.

Have a great time!

cosmogal

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
Hotel Xcaret Mexico
860 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best tickets for Xcaret?

I would just take a taxi.....it's so close to Playa, won't cost you much.

PA
Level Contributor
174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best tickets for Xcaret?

Cosmopolitain gal or anyone, the flippers, snorkel, goggles package for $10 U.S. is that to rent or purchase? The reason I'm asking is because I was considering purchasing my own equiptment before going down there because I don't want to use a mouthpiece that has been used by several other people. Any suggestions?