We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
385 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

We are leaving to go to Playa on Oct. 15th. When we booked our trip we did not buy travel ins.

Since then I have found a travel insurance company called:

CSA Travel Insurance. You can buy travel insurance which looks to be better than apple or funjets. You can also buy it all the way up to the day you leave.

My question is, HAVE YOU HEARD/BOUGHT TRAVEL INSURANCE THROUGH CSA TRAVEL INSURANCE? If so please fill me in on what you know.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,376 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

Look up Globalcare because it is now CSA.

Also read this website...interesting info.

http://tripinsurancestore.com/csa.shtml

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,932 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

We were very happy with Travel Guard. www.travelguard.com

New York
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

I hope it is not too late. I bought CSA insurance for the same reason--I wanted to buy it close to the day I left. We had to cancel our trip and they are denying our claim. I won't go into the details, but basically they are saying we had to buy the insurance when we made the deposit, which was NOT the requirement. I am a lawyer and I am suing them. DO NOT USE THEM IF POSSIBLE!!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

yes, we bought CSA for our cruise this summer

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
933 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

There is also a site called insuremytrip.com that is very reputable. it will quote up your insurance with multiple carriers.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

I can't speak for the US, but to the best of my knowledge, in Canada you must purchase cancellation insurance within 48 hours of booking.

Iowa
Level Contributor
437 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have you heard of this travel insurance company?

Some policies require purchase within a time period of booking. Some don't. My policy didn't require purchase but why would I want to wait if I was going to purchase and the cost remained the same. Also if you purchased within the time period, they would waive the pre-existing condition clause which could be a whole can of worms if a medical condition occurred that would require trip cancellation.

I have heard of CSA travel insurance. Haven't done business with them. I went with Travelguard.