We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf in or around Playa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
5 posts
Save Topic
Golf in or around Playa

I have a trip coming up this April and will be staying at the Mayan Palace in a family member's timeshare. I'm hoping to get in 2-3 rounds of golf while I'm down there. Does anyone have any recomendations.

I know there's a course at the Mayan but it's an 18 hole par 54 course (rather play a par 72 course if possible). I've read the course Playacar Golf Club is nice but not worth the $160+ greens fees.

If there aren't better options I'll play at the Mayan but if there are better courses for the money I'd be willing to make a drive.

Thanks for the help.

Tulsa
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf in or around Playa

Same question...I'll be there in April and I hope to get a couple of rounds in. I've heard the golf is wonderful there but $160 is a little steep. I'll pay it if I have to but I'd rather spend a little less.

calgary,ab
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf in or around Playa

Crazylarry, if your family member's timeshare has golf privileges at the Mayan Palace you can get on for $60. There is the Pok ta Pok course on the island of Cancun but ot sure of the price. PDC has a 9 hole course futn not sure of the price.

Philly
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf in or around Playa

Crazylarry,

I will be staying at the Palladium Grand resort from April12 thru April 19 and I was thinking about gettting a few rounds in myself. If you are there at the same time maybe we can hook up ? LMK, john