We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to find a place to go

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga...
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need to find a place to go

Hey there! My husband and I will be travelling with our two boys aged 5 and 3, any suggestions where to go?

ama
California
Level Contributor
264 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to find a place to go

If you're looking for side day trips from PDC, I'd highly recommend Xcaret. They have both water-based activities (underground river, beach, lagoon) and also many wonderful animal exhibits (butterfly pavilion, HUGE sea turles, and avairy are definate must-sees). There's also a wonderful night show, although it might be a bit too much for little ones to stay the entire day. It's an easy $8 taxi ride and it's about 15 minutes away from PDC-we had no problems getting a taxi there and back. Just make sure you establish the fare BEFORE you get in). I think your 5 year old will really enjoy the animals. It's a good idea to get there early if you want to tackle the whole park. Otherwise, just pick and choose the places that you want to visit the most. You can find out more information at their website: www.xcaret.com/index.php.

In PDC, I'd recommend the beach! The water is very clear and the waves aren't too bad. The north area of PDC has the best beach, and there's 2 beach clubs: Mamita's and Tukan, where they have chairs and umbrellas you can rent. Be warned there is some topless sunbathing in that area...

Have fun!!!