We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riveria Maya Info

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
BOSTON
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Topic
Riveria Maya Info

I'm planning on going to Riveria Maya next year in May with a bunch of my friends. We are all single guys in our mid to late 20's. We are looking to stay at nice hotel that has a lot to offer(nice beach, good food,location etc) We definitley looking for a good partying atmophere(in our age range group). None of us have been herebefore so any recommedation would be greatly appreciated.

Broken Bow, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riveria Maya Info

You might try the Viva Maya. It is reaonalby priced and has

a great beach and pool.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riveria Maya Info

Is there a particular reason you've choosen the Riviera Maya over Cancun? Sounds to me like what you are looking for will be in Cancun. The Riveria Maya is much more family oriented. Don't get me wrong - still plenty of partying to be had, but Cancun is definitely the party location.

Anyways, check into the Iberostars and the RIU's, they seem to get great reviews and may be what you are looking for.

Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riveria Maya Info

I agree with beachbumaz. You should think about Cancun.

Cancun has nice beaches and a great partying atmosphere. If your looking to party then Cancun is the place.

bloomington,Illinois
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Riveria Maya Info

I agree w/posts RM is not really a party atmosphere.You would most definitely like cancun much better!

london,Canada
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riveria Maya Info

Totally agree that Cancun is the place if you want to party all night and sleep most of the day.People we know went there last year and just loved it for that reason but they say they're going through a midlife crisis LOL!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Riveria Maya Info

I disagree that Cancun is better for partying than Playa... Cancun may have bigger clubs, but in terms of quality vs. quantity Playa is way better IMHO... I'd say if you're looking for a hotel on the beach with a party atmosphere stay at the Blue Parrott. You will never be lacking in late night partying in Playa, and everything is way easier to get to on foot... I think it really has less of the "cheese" factor than Cancun.

Hopewell Junction...
Level Contributor
70 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riveria Maya Info

A bunch of single guys - I agree with the other posts. Go to Cancun.

I stayed at Riviera Maya with my girlfriend and it was the best! But If I was single... .Cancun is it!