We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
long island, new...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

We are a group of 8 friends in our 40's looking for an upscale/5 star all inclusive resort to celebrate a birthday. We are interested in a great pool (must have swim up bar), great beach, good food with many options for dining, some kind of nightlife/disco/fun bar and a place where we can get loud!. Money is no object! Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

P.S. We are not interested in Cancun, been there.....done that!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

Hi, I would put my vote in for the Iberostar Lindo! Was there in April and going back again in October. By staying at the Lindo you get to use the Iberostar Beach and DelMar and also the Iberostar Tucan! The Lindo has a great pool and pool bar, as well as wave pool and lazy river, the DelMar has the most fabulous pool and pool bar that I have ever seen! Great restaurants, at the Lindo the Italian, Cajun and Gourmet were my favorites and at the DelMar the Brazilian and the Meditaranian are mine there! So many choices in one place make it a perfect spot.

all the best,

baltobabe/mt

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

If money is no object --- Royal Hideaway. Spectacular. Looks at some of the other posts on this site and you'll understand why. I've been to Playa and have stayed at some nice, 5 star places --- RH has them all beat. Plus, you're a short walk or cab ride to the town of Playa.

CT
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

Hi. I'd recommend the iberostaro resorts. We'll be staying at the IPB in November. The resort is very large and breathtaking!! Heard nothing but great things about this resort!! Good luck.

new jersey
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

My husband and I on our honeymoon stayed at the Adventura Spa Palace and loved it - no complaints...

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

We are going to the Iberostar Lindo in February and have heard very good things about it. (no offense Pinkee but) we were at the Aventura Spa two years ago and there is not much to do around there unless things have changed dramatically. The Aventura Resorts are pretty isolated. We were also at the Riu Palace two years ago and it is spectacular and a little more central (ie. closer to Playa del Carmen). We both turned 50 when we were there and were with our two adult children - it was great. From what I am reading and hearing the Iberostar resorts have a lot to offer in terms of "a change of scenery" with I believe four resorts being connected. Have fun!

long island, ny
Level Contributor
3,228 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

My parents (young 50 year olds) just came back from Secrets Capri. They absolutely loved it! The beach is so-so, but the place, food and service were outstanding. It is also very close to playa del carmen. check out the reviews on tripadvisor.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

We stayed at the Bahia Principe Tulum last year and had a blast. There were 12 of us and it was for 2 special birthdays as well.

Awesome resort.

Branson, MO
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 8 adults looking for fun upscale/5 star all inclusive

We would like to suggest that you look at the Grand Palladium. We are going 12/1/04 thru 12/10/04 for our wedding/honeymoon. Everyone in our party has agreed that this is the place to be! Also, read the posts on the Grand Palladium and you will understand why!

We wish all 8 of you the time of your lifes! Keep us posted!!!!

Have a Happy B-day in PDC!!!!!!!