We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Travelers to Playa Del Carmen AI Resorts

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
11 posts
Save Topic
Single Travelers to Playa Del Carmen AI Resorts

For those of you who have traveled to the AI resorts in Playa Del Carmen, ie. Royal Porto Real, Iberostar, Secrets, etc. Where would you recommend for single female travelers, late 30's?

We don't mind a family atmosphere, but do not want to be of the extreme minority.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Western...
Level Contributor
953 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Travelers to Playa Del Carmen AI Resorts

I went to the Iberostar Lindo in early May. I went with a friend... both of us guys in our early 40's. We were definitly in the minority that way, but we still had a great time and did not feel too awkward about it. We met many very nice people while there. Some husband/wife, some boy friend/girl friend, some male/female "friends only"... many families, one aunt/niece. There were a few wedding parties and family reunions where there were single people traveling with relatives and friends.

Hang out by the pool bar where people tend to be very social and easy to chat with! The resort was fantastic when we went. I read where there was some damage from the hurricane. Hopefully that didn't change the service level too much. Sometimes after a hurricane occupancy rates drop and the resorts cut back. Iberostar is a very good name, so I'm sure they would have things back to normal as soon as humanly possible.

Westernmass

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Travelers to Playa Del Carmen AI Resorts

I suggest staying in an area called Playacar. It is immediately south of the center of town. It consists of about 10 AI resorts, upscale homes, security of a gated community private golf course, upscale shopping. A taxi to the center of town is $4.00

and is only a 5 minute ride from the farthest point.

Secrets is isolated and is "honeymooner" hot spot. A single female might feel isolated.

The Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal is in Playacar. That might be a good choice. Also, the Riu's are located there.

have fun

New York
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Travelers to Playa Del Carmen AI Resorts

Thank you.

New York
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Single Travelers to Playa Del Carmen AI Resorts

Thank you.

New York