We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Beach/Del Mar Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary
2 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Beach/Del Mar Beach

Can anyone who has been recently been, comment on any rocks in the water? Wave conditions? Dress code at meals?

Thanks

jackson, nj
Level Contributor
430 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Beach/Del Mar Beach

We stayed at the Del Mar in April. The water directly in front of the Del Mar is a bit rocky. However, if you go over in front of the Beach or Lindo it is fine. The waves all depend on the day. We were there for the week and one day there was barely any waves and a few days later it was very rough. It was never too rough for us not to go in. The dress code for meals is casual neat. At the buffet you can pretty much wear anything other than a bathing suit. At the ala carte restaurants the men wore pants (no jeans) and women wore either skirts, capris or pants.

Maryland
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Beach/Del Mar Beach

We just returned from the Lindo on the 10th of August. There are a few rocks in a couple areas of the iberostars beach, but you are always so close to an area where there are no rocks. Also the rocks are right where the waves break...so once you are further out in the water, there weren't any. The entire week we were there, it was a yellow flag and the waves were mild. My kids(10 and 12) were in the water with and without rafts... they loved it. My husband and son wore pants to the a la carte restaurants...I did see some in shorts, but not many...the signs posted at the restaurant say no shorts. My daughter and I wore skirts, skorts, and capris. I did see some women in shorts too! Shorts and coverups over suits are fine for the buffets. I hope this helps...enjoy your visit...we sure did!