We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Upstate NY
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

There have been a lot of posts regarding bringing your own rafts and mugs to the various resorts. It seems like this might be more of a Cancun thing than a Riviera Maya thing. Does anyone know if anyone does this at Secrets Capri? Do they even allow it? Seems like this is a high class resort and I wouldn't want to seem out of place bringing my own dorky raft or mug when no one else does it :o)

Thanks for the input.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

We haven't been yet, but will be at Capri in Sept. I've read on one of the forum posts that no one uses thermal mugs at Capri -- with waiter service at the pool, doesn't sound like you need to. Re the rafts/floats -- Capri has them in the pool and it sounds like there are plenty. Maybe someone else who's already been can comment further.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
448 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

I went the end of June with my mug ready to go and never found a need for it. My frozen drinks were replenished quickly, there was no problem with the sand getting in it since there were little tables on the beach and I didn't feel like getting up from my comfy spot to have it filled.

As for the mats, I found one when I wanted one and there were only a few people "hogging" them.

Be sure and check out the little painting kiosk they have near the pool area. It was great fun to paint your own souvenier or buy one already done. We did that two days in a row.

Enjoy!

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

thanks for the responses!

Nebraska
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

Haven't been to Capri yet, scheduled in Sept. I've asked about the mugs a couple of times and some people at Capri have used them. We plan on bringing ours and I guess we'll see. Also heard that the mugs are somehwhat treasured by locals and some people have traded them for items (silver jewelery) before departure.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

We're going in November and both my husband and I are beer drinkers so we are taking our mugs, only about 20 ounce size, no reason to look like a glutton, but we do like our beer cold. Hope they have the dark Modelo! 99 more days and counting!

Michigan
Level Contributor
297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

Went in june...I brought a mug but never needed it. I would have like a "floatie" for the ocean though. it would have been nich to have a ring to just relax and float there---not a big thing but I'm always looking at continuous improvements.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

Maybe I could pack a noodle around the inside of my suitcase for ocean lounging, great suggestion!

California
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

I was at Capri for a week in June and I did not see a singe person using their own mug or floatie. The floaties are sort of in short supply so if you get there in the afternoon, you might not get one initially, but you will eventually.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
928 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

I dont know about the Capri - but I always buy two of the cheap blow up rafts for floating. If I don't use it - no biggie - they only cost about 1.99 each. I did bring my own when we went to the Secrets in Punta Cana - and am glad I did - that hotel had float hogs!

Deland, FL
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Capri - rafts and mugs?

You won't need your raft or your mugs! They have plenty of rafts. The beer is bottled and yes they have the dark Modelo!