We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to wear!!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
RI
4 posts
Save Topic
What to wear!!!!

We will be staying at the Iberostar Lindo in Jan 2005.

I read somewhere that men had to wear long pants when dining. Does this mean for the buffets also?

Last year at the Iberostar in Punta Cana, we wore shorts whenever we went to the buffet to eat and long pants at the specialty restaurants.

Does it get chilly enough at night that sweater is needed?

Thanks

Jean

Any where warm!
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to wear!!!!

I'd check their website for dining, and dress code requirements. My husband did bring long pants, and he needed them, but we stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace. In Jan, yes I would bring a light wrap, dressy poncho, something, the nights could be on the cool side. Have fun!

minnesota
Level Contributor
146 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to wear!!!!

We went to Playa 2 yrs ago in Jan. I tend to get cold easy but it got very chilly at night. I could of used a sweathirt and capris. So yes if you are worried about getting cold do bring some kind of wrap. I don't know about the rest of the yr. but in Jan. the sun goes down early and when it does a breeze comes of the ocean. And in our resort the lobbey and main bar were open.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to wear!!!!

My husband and I will be staying at the El Mandarin, Mexico in February 2005. What is the dress code for meals?

San Clemente, ca.
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to wear!!!!

Buffets casual........sandals, shorts

Restaurants at the resorts.......men collared shirts, long pants, closed shoes

Women dress or slacks, sandals

I didn't see the dress code enforced, but everyone dressed accordingly and

looked great.

Level Contributor
588 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to wear!!!!

I don't know... we just got back a week ago from PDC and everyone told us it would get "chilly" at night?! Uhhh uh! Far from it! If I would have had on a wrap... I would have broiled?! =). My denim jacket never left my suitcase. As for my capris... wore them and sweated! It was still VERY warm and VERY sticky at night. I would say, maybe capris... but leave your wrap at home!