We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
MI
Level Contributor
515 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

Is it two bottles per person?

Lynne

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

To the best of my recollection, yes, but you could check the customs pages on the web-or, easier yet-it's probably listed on here someplace-just put it in the search bar. Someone will know for sure.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
6,636 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

It's two LITERS per person, not two bottles. Just got back from Puerto Vallarta last week so I'm up on it!

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

We are taking 3 18 yr olds. I wonder if each of them are allowed 2 L or will they be confiscated once we're back in Missouri.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

You must be of age to qualify for the allotment.

NEW JERSEY
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

We bought 4 bottles in the Duty Free Store in Cancun Airport and they had no problem with it

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

You must be over 21 to bring it back into the USA. Customs will seize anything that is brought in by anyone not old enough. It's two liters per person (one bottle of Crown, Kaluha, Jack Daniels, etc). You can also bring back cigarettes. The prices really weren't that much cheaper though....is it worth saving a couple of dollars to lug a big bottle back with you? Prioritize the experience & savings vs. tired traveler not wanting to deal with customs.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
321 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

i just came back 7/30. always before i've brought back 2 liters per person. i read here it was 1 liter, so i asked at duty free. they told me 1 per person tax free. you can bring all you want but if costoms fids more than that you'll be taxed on it.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the limit on alcohol brought back in to US from...

Chica: Have to disagree with you on the price of cigs. $18.00 a carton in PDC. We pay $38.00 a carton in PA. Maybe Texas taxes aren't as bad as here. We only saw non-menthol available. Marlboro, Camel, Winston everywhere. Must be 18 years of age to have cigs in your possession in US airports.