We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time traveler

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
nevada
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
first time traveler

My husband and I are going to Cabo in September for the first time. We purchased our package through Expedia. From a recent post I was reading about online purchases and that sometimes the hotels are not aware. Does anyone have advice other than calling hotel to confirm? I want this to be a trip to remember. We purchased some excursions also.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Newport House Playa del Carmen
Newport House Playa del Carmen
#2 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#6 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Fairmont Mayakoba
Fairmont Mayakoba
#9 of 218 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time traveler

Bottom line, I would call the hotel to confirm.

Saskatoon...
Level Contributor
232 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time traveler

I have never purchased online myself; However, Expedia is a VERY reputable company. They act like any other travel agent and just sell you a trip provided by a tour company such as Signature, etc. As long as you get all the proper paperwork you should be fine. But to be safe, simply phone or email the hotel chain you are staying at.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time traveler

If you call hotel too soon they wont have any information. THe hotels usually dont get the information from tour operators until about 10 days before, and they usually dont assign rooms til the day before.

Having said that, you could still email the hotel and ask them when they get the list from Expedia.