We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK, now I need a little advice on my hotel change

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
761 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
OK, now I need a little advice on my hotel change

Hi all, just wanted to ask your opinion of something, and also offer a bit of information regarding booking through a website such as Priceline with no trip insurance.

Contrary to what I expected, I was given a full refund of the hotel portion of my trip, although I did not have travel insurance. I had originally thought that I would lose everything, including the money I had paid for the trip. This is not the case.

Anyway, I was going to go to the Viva Wyndham Azteca, but they are closed until November 1. Can anyone recommend a great hotel, not luxury, at a great value? I also was looking into Club Maeva, but it may be just a little too far outside PDC for me to want to go there. It will be me and my fiance and best friend (all 27 yrs old) along with my fiance's parents. We three really like to drink, but don't like the gigantic party scene. We'd like a smaller-scale AI under 500 rooms. Please help, as I would like to rebook ASAP!!! Thanks!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OK, now I need a little advice on my hotel change

There are several Riu's in playacar. The most economical is the RIu Tequila, across the street from the beach. Guests there can use the beach at the Riu Yucatan. It is usually in the same price catagagory as the Wyndhams.

Riu Playacar- small, beachfront in playacar

Riu Tequila

Riu Yucatan.

Any of these would be nice and have not been damaged by emily too much.

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
761 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OK, now I need a little advice on my hotel change

thank you...

any more suggestions?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OK, now I need a little advice on my hotel change

I know you said all inclusive but it sounds like staying directly in Playa would fit you perfectly. The small hotels on the beach are a great value and the party scene would fit you perfectly. Plus you can walk rather than take a cab, to all of the restaurants and bars, saving you more money. And the restaurants in Playa are far better than AI food.

Probably the best small hotel on the beach is Playa Maya. It has great rooms, nice beachside restaurant/bar, gym and a small pool.