We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar paraiso maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
texas
2 posts
Save Topic
iberostar paraiso maya

We are scheduled to visit iberostar paraiso maya August 8th and would like some updates since the hurricane...is the beach open? are the restaurants open? are the pools open? has the debris been removed?

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

People should be getting home soon.. So hopefully we will start to see some new reviews and some feedback.. Can't wait. I hope the beach wasn't too ruined......Can't wait to see pictures after all is calmed down...

texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

SURELY SOMEONE has returned from the Paraiso Maya since the hurricane - please update

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
407 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
TN
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

Returned from the Maya on 07-21 and most everything was either up and running or set to very soon. The main problem before we left was lots of debris. The beach was supposed to reopen the morning we left. The Tex-Mex and Italian restaurants had some damage and I believe Iberostar claims that they will reopen in two months. According to Apple's website, an International restaurant is being set up in the convention center in the meantime.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
407 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

gospurs....just got in from IB MAYA/LINDO 7/29...GO GO GO all is open perfect and beautful. Our trip was perfect along with the hotels...meals shows ocean. NO trouble at all!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
407 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

to Craig202,

I heard that Lindo restos (Italian-Oriental) were closed for at least two months for repairs (anothe website said Tex-Mex & Oriental).

Also in one place I read no swimming at beach because of jellyfish, yet another site said the problem is resolved.

So, WHAT IS CLOSED/NOT WORKING at Lindo-Maya? Bars/restos/beach? And did you hear any scheduled opening date?

I ws at the Lindo 4 times in 2004, and at the Maya 2 times this year. In fact I left Maya on July 15. Some of my friends got stuck there due to hurricane (I guess if you have to get stuck someplace, its not a bad place).

karenjme at yahoo dot com

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
407 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
new york, new york
Level Contributor
172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

Great to hear that Craig. Thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
186 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

Tex-Mex & Oriental ar the only ones closed. I have no idea when they will open, Does it matter? Not to us! ALL pools are open. We were in the ocean everyday...jet skiing and swimming no jellyfish!

There was a lot of people in the water everyday! GO! Have fun

TN
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

Sorry for the mix up in my previous post. The Italian restaurant is supposed to be open...it's the Oriental (La Pagoda) at the Lindo that is closed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

We just got back from the Maya on Tuesday, August 2...we left on July 26 and were concerned about conditions and almost cancelled. I am glad that we did not! When we arrived, the Tex-Mex restaurant on the Maya property was not open (roof damage). They were working on it and I think it might have opened by the end of our stay as we saw people eating inside at lunch time. We were busy eating at the Japanese (twice - very good), French Gourmet (twice - also very good), Steak House (once - good), La Marina Seafood (once -very good), and the Italian which was actually set up in the Lindo Chinese restaurant (once - not good). Even though we had privileges at the other restaurants, we never did get to them - since the Del Mar/Beach complex had several restaurants that were closed (and by the looks of things will not be up and running probably by the time you get there), the concierge said we would be put on a waiting list for reservations. Since we loved the atmosphere at the Maya and just wanted to make our reservations and get on with things, we did not push the issue with the concierge and decided that we were content to dine in the Maya/Lindo complex.

The beaches were opened when we got there and the water was clearer with each day, but it was not perfectly clear as it was in Playa Del Carmen (we took the free shuttle to shop and saw beach that was PERFECT). We still ventured in the waters at the Maya and based on the change with each day, I think you will find that the beach is beautiful...we saw no jelly fish, but there was seaweed that was gathering near the broken down pier area. The day before we left, the workers were in the water, trying to clear out the seaweed/debris. I think you may have close to perfection by the time you arrive.

All pools were up and running - very beautiful and spacious.

There is still debris...damaged vegetation and the fountains surrounding the Maya restaurants (we saw postcards that showed the fountains...very pretty) and entry way were not running, but they were being worked on daily along with touch up painting on damaged structures...but I must honestly say the property was still very impressive and my family and I were still wowed by the beauty. I would hope that the fountains would be repaired by the time of your stay.

One thing that was obviously missing was the wild life that roams the property...two swans appeared in a pond a few days after we arrived and we finally saw four peacocks by one of the Maya pools the day before we left. There is a sheltered bird haven in the Maya/Lindo complex so that was stocked. We went to the Del Mar one evening for a show and saw eight gorgeous flamingos in the lobby area, but based on trip advisor comments prior to the hurricane, Maya supposedly had an abundance of free-roaming animals.

Please do not worry...I spent the whole week prior to our vacation checking out the reviews and forums for the latest updates and it got to be too much!!! You will enjoy your trip...we would not hesitate to return.

Mentioned in this post
Maya Tulum Resort
Maya Tulum Resort
407 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: iberostar paraiso maya

MMEMANGO,

I am still a bit confused on the Iberostar property layout. Which resorts are there? If you stay at one, do you have privileges at all of the ones in that same complex?