We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Madrid
3 posts
Save Topic
Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

I would appreciate if someone could give us any news on hotel Las Palapas (it should be next to Shangri-La) since we have planned to spend our honeymoon there. Thanks

new york
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

have you gotten any information? I too am going to Las Palapas but in december. any news?

Roxbury NJ
Level Contributor
461 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

i got an email from management when i inquired about room rates didnt mention anything else in return email, email them direct on there website

new york
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

I assume that management will downplay damage report.

los angeles, ca
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

I stayed at Las Palapas last year in June, and I loved it!! I would go back anytime! It is quiet, and relaxing...there are no TV's or radios...you won't need it...the staff is great!

The place has a lot of European tourists, so you won't find too many that speak English- I just found this place very nice and relaxing...

the crowd there is normally 30's and 40's - I met a cuople that was in their late 20's - but I prefer the older crowd.

All rooms have 2 hammocks and so at night you see a lot of ppl reading or chatting in front of their room...

If you are looking for a relaxing place this is it...

new york
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

Thanks Melabby, gues you really enjoyed it.

Denver
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

We got back from PDC last night, stayed at the Shangri La next to Las Papapas. They were having a Mexican Fiesta on the beach last night - looked like fun. Lot of folks staying there. The cabana nearest the ocean survived and was occupied. Their pool was still closed as of yesterday, but their beach bar was open and the beach in front of both Las Palapas and the Shangri are in wonderful shape and most of the beach palapas survived, so who needs a pool. The water activities are looking normal, the shops and restaurants on 5th ave are in full swing. I wouldn't cancel an honeymoon there without directly speaking with the hotel management about any specific questions or concerns. We had a fabulous time over the last week in PDC. The serious damage was to the hotels south of PDC.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Palapas Hotel, honeymoon to cancel?

wanderingbadger!!! You're the person I've been searching for! I've been trying to get someone fresh back from the Shangri-La - I'm really having a hard time deciding to go or not over Thanksgiving. My number 1 concern is the beach, but of course, would love to know about the rest of the resort. Any info you can provide would be WONDERFUL help to me!