We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

building work at the riu palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
england
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
building work at the riu palace

hello,i have just recieved a letter from thomsons informing me that there is building work going on next to the riu palace.there is no noise at the moment but by sept/oct there will be a chance of heavy machinery and power tools being used.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
326 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: building work at the riu palace

did they indicate what part of the property they will be working on?

homeandaway
Level Contributor
640 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: building work at the riu palace

Hi, is this work at the Riu Yucatan? I thought they had finished all work there by July. Maybe not!!! Heavy machinary could be for the extended swimming pool they planned - I wonder why they didn't get the work finished, I'm intrigued and a little concerned about my own booking.

If you go on the hotels web site you can see the proximity of the Yucatan etc from the pictures.

Andi xx

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: building work at the riu palace

Probably at the Viva Maya, read a report somewhere that it and the Viva Azteca were going to be doing some work.

england
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: building work at the riu palace

the building work is for a new accomadation block of 100 rooms and is only 40 meters away from the palace.the land has been cleared for the foundations and building work is to start soon.