We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, ON
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

Has anybody stayed here yet? If yes, what are your views, tips and things to watch out for. We're booked to go in November.

NJ
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

Would appreciate any comments on the newest SECRETS, as I'm booked for 02/05. Since my 02/04, Secrets Punta Cana stay was positively PERFECT, I'm looking forward to this resort. Doubt that any Secrets could be anything less than 6-star!

Houston, TX
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

I have heard through a travel agent that they are set to open 10/01 and that if there is still construction going on that the guests will not be aware of it - whatever that means! I also know of a travel agent that is not sending clients there until 12/01. I was set to go there in November also but may reconsider now.

Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

My husband and I have also booked here for Feb.05 . This will be our first trip to Mexico.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

We are scheduled to go the first week of November. They are offering guinea pig values. Hope it is nice. Will post upon return.

West Fargo N.D.
Level Contributor
212 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

Can anyone tell me where i can check avilability/rates etc for the resort? Thanks

CK
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

www.secretsresorts.com

Wish me us luck. We are booked for 10/15/04!!!! I'm hoping for vacationing without a glitch. Will post upon our return......

Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

As some of you know, we were scheduled to celebrate our honeymoon on October 9th at Secrets Excellence Punta Cana. Due to the obvious, we had some major concerns with this situation! After originally contacting my Travel Agent as well as my Tour Operator directly, we were told they were making plans on a week to week basis and would not offer me anything else until at least October 2nd.

This of course, was not good enough... and my persistence has paid off... this is what I ended up getting:

1) We are scheduled for the same time (October 9th) at the NEW Secrets Excellence Riviera Maya. We have been given the Excellence Club, and will likely be the first of many future people visiting here. In the event that they are not ready to open, we will be moved to a room at Capri... which is normally approximately $500 more than Excellence Punta Cana. Either resort will be fine with me.

I know some may raise the concern of being a guest at a hotel that is still ironing out kinks, but honestly the reputation of this parent company has me confident in the level of service we will recieve. And even if it is a bit below the service others will recieve months later, it will be ALOT better than what we were facing with Punta Cana. The peace of mind in knowing that either way, we are staying at a gorgeous resort is such a load off!!!

My Word of advice, Keep pushing... dont let them put you off and not listen to your concerns! We didnt purchase travel insurance, and this didnt matter. We were polite, and informed... and ultimately the resort and the tour operators realized that it was worth offerign customer service.

WJB
Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

Just booked a 10yr anniversary trip there for 12/4-11. We stayed at Secrets Punta Cana a few years ago and had a wonderful time.

Looking forward to your reviews!!

Hope you have a GREAT trip!

lexington,ky
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

I'm scheduled to go on my honeymoon here on Oct 17. Can't wait...I figure even if they are having kinks in service it will be worth it having a brand new clean resort.....

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun

We are scheduled to go November 20th. For those of you going prior to that date, I look forward to your replies and suggestions. We stayed at Riu Palace two years ago, and decided to try this new resort for our 15 year wedding anniversary. Will make a post upon our return.