We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insulated mugs....what we observed!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Insulated mugs....what we observed!

We took our insulated mugs and we were thrilled that we did. But I can honestly say that I did not see more than 15 other people with them all week. On my first morning out I have to say I was a little embarrased to be getting out this 23oz neon green, wal-mart mug. But after the first rain storm and I had sand in my drink I did. My husband, kids and I were stopped by dozens of people saying "what a great idea, can we buy those in the gift shop?" They are definitely worth bringing. And the bartenders had to love them. After you watch them cleaning up glasses on the beach, pool area, etc for hours, you know they have to wish that every person brought them along.

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Insulated mugs....what we observed!

we stayed at Riu Palace Sep 26th.. we took our 32 oz mugs and used them to fill with bottled water and ice for the beach every morning.. once we were done drinking that we were ready for the pool and the cocktails and we put our mugs away.. but for the beach they were a must!.. Its very hot there and having cool water was wonderful! It really made the vacation just that much nicer!