We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gifts for maids

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Gifts for maids

What kinds of gifts do the maids really appreciate or need?

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Gifts for maids

100 in $1.00's and 100 in $5.00's for a 7 night stay should be good along with what ever you might want to bring to purchase items.

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Gifts for maids

Thanks all... Very interesting to know..

Normal, IL
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Gifts for maids

OK Guys, I just got the scoop from the Lindo. Yes you do need to either put there name and that you intend this for a gift or (PAR MI CAMARISTA) I'm not sure what that means but the lady in public relations e-mailed it to me. I sure hope the maids I left stuff with at the Punta Cana were able to take it home to there children.

Pegtuch@hotmail.com

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,750 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gifts for maids

cash. Dollars (not ripped) or pesos. They need money more than anything.

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Gifts for maids

Yes, you want to just leave money, and if you want to leave gifts, then you want to leave just more money. A great side effect rarely considered in this regard is that leaving gifts can be (mis)interpreted as being patronizing, whereas leaving a tip, no matter how large, is always just interpreted as a reward well earned for work.

Steve

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Gifts for maids

Sorry, but I forgot to add another good point in this regard: don't leave any foreign coins. Very hard if not impossible to exchange, and if you can exchange them, you might get half their value in return. So unless it's (Mexican) pesos, bills only!

Steve