We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling down the mayan riviera

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Topic
traveling down the mayan riviera

We are planning a 2-week trip this fall, starting at Isla Mujeres, and want to visit different areas down the coast, ending probably in Tulum. Have stayed in Cancun and Playa del Carmen before, as well as visited Isla Mujeres and Cozumel. Loved PDC, thought Cancun was fun but too commercial. Looking for advice on places to stay, places to see and do.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling down the mayan riviera

I am planning a trip to Isla Conty, check it out while your in Isla Mujeras. It's a sancturay and the only allow 250 people per day, pictures look incredible!

RENO NV
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling down the mayan riviera

Try cancun.com for airport bus to and from hotel

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,379 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling down the mayan riviera

try getting laura's Riviera Maya map. New ones just came out.

www.cancunmap.com

Marshall, NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling down the mayan riviera

Be sure to see the Coba Ruins on the way to Tulum. One year I took a public bus all the way down to Belize and then across Belize to Guatamala. Kind of a hoot..you'll need a passport for sure. If the Continental Plaza has reopened, its a great place to relax in Playa del Carmen. While at Coba, there used to be a great little mom/pop eatery overlooking a lake. I'm going down this weekend for a week and will let you know by posting when I get back if things have changed much. When are you leaving?

Seattle
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling down the mayan riviera

thanks for the info - am leaving in 2 wks - if you are back would love your thoughts!