We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Dorado Royale vs Seaside?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
El Dorado Royale vs Seaside?

A group of us in our mid 30's are looking for an adults only all inclusive for New Years. We are looking at the Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica and at the El Dorado's. I've been to the mayan and know that the night life can be lacking. We don't need a big party, but a place that does offer nightly entertainment and some decent areas to have a drink. Also wondering what the age range is at these places. Would we have a good time???

Also want to know the difference between the two resorts. I'm not extremley picky but do want to go somewhere nice, eat good food and enjoy food service.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Dorado Royale vs Seaside?

The biggest difference between the 2 is the size. El Dorado Royale is MUCH bigger. As far as entertainment and places to have a drink, I think El Dorado Royale would be better for you. El Dorado Seaside is very quiet and layed back. I personally havent been to the Seaside yet, but we are going in December. We have been to the Royale and loved it.

Mentioned in this post
El Dorado Royale, by Karisma
El Dorado Royale, by...
11,136 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
El Dorado Seaside Suites
El Dorado Seaside Suites
1,735 Reviews
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Dallas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Dorado Royale vs Seaside?

sharrison, I went to the sea side last summer (before the remodel) and is was awesome. no compliants. I went there with my girlfriend, she loved it too! The food was great. In my opinion, better than most. I can't say enough good things about this place.

But it is not near any "night life" sceen. There are nightly entertainment and such, but nothing to serious. It is mainly a relaxing environment. If you are going with couples to relax and have great food, and still drink all you want then it is perfect. If you are going with friends who want to "tear it up" sometimes then the Royal is larger resort. I also think it is near more "nightlife".

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del...
17,411 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico