We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary at the Royal Hideaway in late March/early April 2005. I've read on the reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor that alot of people who stayed their recommended not to stay in a villa that is neighboring the noisy resort next door (has load party activities til 11-12pm). Well, when I looked at an aerial map of the area, RIU Playacar is the resort on the south side of RH and Allegro Playacar is the resort on the north side. So which one is the noisy one to avoid (or is it both and I should stay in the center of the resort)? If so what can some one give me some villa numbers and are particular villas more expensive than others (excluding ocean view villas) I've already booked my trip with a "standard" room through my travel agent and at the time of booking, there wasn't an opportunity to specify a villa number. I'll have to have my travel agent follow up on that if I can get some more info..

Thanks!

Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Should I email them my room/villa preferences a few weeks before I go or several months earlier? Is their email address found on the main website? Any info. would help.

Thanks!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

i would email 2 weeks or so prior to going about villa and restuarants. yes use their web site email address, just put attention leanne romanchuk-customer service manager. She is very good in email you back promptly. It worked for me so it should work for you.. All the best

Lyndsay_31

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

Also when you email them, make dinner reservations for your first night there, otherwise you'll be having room service for dinner and it's rather a light menu. The tequila laced fruit is wonderful. I ordered it every night for a late night snack....

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Anyone stayed at Royal Hideaway?

tequila laced fruit? No wonder you are always so happy!!