We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wxm
uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

Going to this hotel mid july, anyone going or have any info . Traveling with my wife and 15 year old son.

LOCKPORT IL
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

We're going the end July with two 17yr & and 1 13yr. I read some great reviews on this forum. It looks like they have alot to do for everyone. I really looking forward to going to the park.

OHIO
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

myself, my wife, and another couple (close friends) just returned may 30th from ogfx. we absolutely loved it! my wife and I had a fabulous time last year, and talked these two into going w/us this year. you're always unsure if another couple will like a place as much as you do, (especially after you've talked it up for months) but they absolutely loved it too!

we spent alot of time talking about all of the bad reviews and things that people found problematic about this resort. We basically laughed ourselves silly that people had so many problems. this is a top notch resort where the staff goes way above and beyond to make your experience wonderful.

just a few comments:

we tipped the housekeeping $5 us w/a little note in poor spanish that said please bring us extra h20 and beer and the entire trip, our room was tricked out everyday! as much beer and h20 as our fridge would hold plus extra sitting on the table.

last year, we tipped a good bit at bars and etc. this year, tipped very infrequently (didnt take enough small bills- make sure and take lots of $1's and $5's you cant get change ANYWHERE unless you want pesos) and our service was still way above what we are used to.

if you dont like to walk- dont go here. there are shuttles, but they seem to come on their own schedule. saw a lot of people wasting time sitting around waiting.

in my opinion, anyone who cant find their way around the grounds is trying to get lost. there are signs EVERYWHERE telling you in multiple languages and pictures where everything is- one walk around the grounds and you should have it.

xcaret park was a blast- we didnt make it over last year, so this year we did and really enjoyed the underground river. it was a little chilly for me, but my wife had no problems (she also got over her fear of swimming w/fish and snorkeling) then, as we tried to make our way out of the park (once again- dont go if you dont like to walk) we found the butterfly exhibit, aquarium, turtles, sharks, pumas, jaguars, you name it!

probably the only thing that i found not to be 5 star is the food. dont get me wrong, it was good and our meal at the steakhouse was FABULOUS, but you just get a little tired of the same fare for lunches everyday. barely worth mentioning b/c everything else was so great.

pools were amazing, beach is amazing (yes, it is manmade, get over it, its still ocean water, sand, hammocks, bars, and beach chairs)

olympus tours handled our trans to and from the airport- there was a little glitch about getting us to the airport, but they fixed it quickly and got us there on time.

oh, and try the Grand Flamenco drink, cant remember what all was in it, but it was great.

so, sorry so fragmented, but just wanted to do my part to brag up this amazing resort and counter some of the silly negatives that are floating around out there.

ps- i was concerned about overbooking, checkin, and not a single problem.

thats the scoop!

wxm
uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

Hi

Thanks for replying to our email - it's really appreciated. You seem to have had a great time and have certainly put our minds at rest over some of the concerns we had after reading those dismal reviews!!!

We were also concerned about over-booking and problems checking in but it appears that it all goes smoothly after all.

We're now just wishing the time would pass quicker so we can get to the hotel and start our holiday.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

I have some pictures of Xcaret Park and the Show at Xcaret. If you want to view them go to

http://community.webshots.com/user/holakitty

Take in the show and the dinner....it is truly spectacular!!

Erie, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,098 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

Is the dinner extra? Is it served during the show? How do you make reservations? Can you leave the park and go back later? We leave in 2 weeks and 1 day and I want to be ready.

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

Yes, the dinner is an extra fee and it is served during the show. I'm not sure how much it is but I've heard the show is well worth the price. YOu can book the entire tour, or just the show through the hotel.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

I can't remember the exact cost, I think the dinner and show is an extra $25USD per person. The dinner really was very good. I had the shiskabobs and they were excellent, and my husband had the shrimp dish. You get a great cheese tray to start, an appetizer, the main course and dessert + two drinks. You won't go hungry. Also you get preferred seating when you dine and plenty of room as the row in front of you and behind you is empty and only used for the wait staff. Don't miss this show. We almost didn't go to Xcaret, and I am so glad that we did and especially glad that we did the show as well.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

Thanks for all of the good advice/info here. We are leaving in 5 days & I was starting to get worried also! We are traveling with a toddler, does anyone know how a stroller would handle at the resort? I am debating whether or not to bring it for our 2 1/2 yr old son?

Thanks

mississauga
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

sun15 we are travelling in 5 days also to this resort, with a 3 yr old...

we are bringing our stroller for longer walks. we do understand, that there are some areas that are not stroller friendly.

we will see you there.

Illinois
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Grand Flamenco xcaret

We arrive on Saturday-flying out of Rockford.

My husband, 14 year old son and 17 year old daughter are all looing forward to our 3rd trip to Riviera Maya.

Maybe we can meet up??

Julie from Rockford