We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fat Cat Catamaran

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Fat Cat Catamaran

Does anyone have any info? Has anyone ever taken this from Iberostar resorts? How long does it take? How much did it cost? Is it worth it? Any info would be great....

jackson, nj
Level Contributor
421 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fat Cat Catamaran

We took the Fat Cat in April. We had a great time. It took about 1/2 hour from the Iberostar Del Mar. The tour lasts from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. We paid $76.00 and since we booked online we got a free tee shirt.

Phila,PA
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fat Cat Catamaran

We'll be on the fatcat june 24th

You can check them out at

http://playa.info/playa-media-index.html

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fat Cat Catamaran

Lucy: This looks fantastic. Do they pick you up or do you have to get to them? If so where do you get the boat? Anyone get sea sick? Did you do the "boom Netting Ride"? Was the area you stopped to snorkle in crowded? Online special...$62.00 for adults $32.00 for kids 16 and under. Do they ask for ID...wondering if I could sneak my 17 year old in for kid price. Thanks, sorry for all the questions.

NJ
Level Contributor
305 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fat Cat Catamaran

We were on the Fat Cat when we were at the Tucan 05/30-06/06. We made reservations when we got there. They only had afternoon reservations left. When we got there, there was a pretty nasty storm brewing. They took us out anyway and it was very bad weather. It poured and lightning and thundered. A few people got sick. (also a very little kid) We couldn't snorkel, you could swim if you wanted. I didn't. I was freezing! They had to call the trip short by a couple of hours. They did give everyone a free tee shirt. It was 75.00 a person and I would have preferred a cancellation date but wasn't offered one. Also couldn't get to do the net thing.

The crew was very nice and we were offered chips, salsa, fruit and all the drinks you wanted but it was miserable weather. I'm sure it would be great fun with good weather conditions.

They picked us up at the shopping mall down the road from the Tucan. The catamaran is at Porto Adventourus. A good 30 min. from the Tucan.

jackson, nj
Level Contributor
421 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fat Cat Catamaran

They pick you up at your hotel. The van then takes you to Puerto Aventuras. Nobody got seasick on the boat. We did do the boom net, it was alot of fun. They did not ask for any ID.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fat Cat Catamaran

Thanks for the help everyone.

FYI to anyone looking for the special online price I posted. Didn't realize until I tried to book that the price was available for cruise line passengers only. Price for non-cruise people is $70 for adults, $42 for kids under 16. Add $6 to each price if you want pick up and drop off. I am going to wait on this tour and book at the resort if we still want to go.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
341 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fat Cat Catamaran

Have heard a lot of great things about Fat Cat, and indeed they were very helpful when I emailed them some questions.

Having said that....really have to decide if you want to go on the Cat for the party/lunch aspect or if you really want to snorkel a lot. You can find a lot of great snorkel spots, without paying $75 per person and still enjoy a nice lunch, cold beer and great atmosphere.