We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xel-ha or xcaret

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
spain
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
xel-ha or xcaret

coming only for a week

whih one is best ? or is it worhth going to them both?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

Buenosdias...to get opinions on this you may want to search both xcaret and xel-ha within the forums. There is plenty of discussion and suggestions. Hope this helps. I loved Xcaret.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,061 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

This is a very personal choice. We have been to both and prefer Xel Ha. Suggest you research websites and decide what is best for you.

http://www.xelha.com.mx/

www.xcaretcancun.com

Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

Xcaret for sure! We went to both.

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

Both are worth a visit. I'd give Xel-Ha a 5/5 and Xcaret a 4/5, but only because I'm an avid snorkeler and the snorkeling at Xel-Ha is incredible! I've never seen such numerous, large, colorful, and various fish. Floating down the lazy river was also fun.

If you're not a snorkeler, you will probably find more to interest you at Xcaret. They have a wide variety of exhibits, and the underground river is a unique experience. There is more walking at Xcaret. We especially enjoyed their observation tower, the giant sea turtles, the natural bat cave, and the butterfly rainforest.

Xel-Ha is more of a nature center; Xcaret has more exhibits. The food was very good at both.

pa
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

How do you carry your money around at these parks? Do you take a backpack like we do to amusement parks..I'm worried it might get stollen if I "park" it somewhere while I 'm having fun in the water..

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

mbird - check out dollar stores, some have a watertight case, you can put your id and money in and wear around your neck. If not go to Wal-Mart, you can get the same there.

pa
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

Holakat--thanks for the tip!!!

Midwest, USA
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

Both parks have lockers. You can wear the locker key around your neck when you're in the water.

Also, my husband has several bathing suits that have zipper pockets. We usually keep an ID, a credit card and/or ATM card, and some cash zipped in his pocket. If there are men in your party, it's really handy to have a suit like this-- not just at the parks, but everywhere. I wish they made women's suits with this feature, too.

pa
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: xel-ha or xcaret

Coralreef..Thanks for mentioning that..I think the suit I just bought for my husband has that little bag..forgot all about it!!