We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
glastobury, ct
13 posts
Save Topic
swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Can anyone tell me if the swim up rooms at Secrets Execellence is worth the extra money?

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Depends on what you want.

The regular rooms have one jacuzzi tub inside-

the swim out rooms have a jacuzze tub inside and also

outside on the patio. Also on the patio besides a small

little couch there are 2 chaise lounges and a hammock.

You just open your patio door and you can lay outside or

take a dip. Somebody previously posted that they will

even bring drinks and snacks to you while you are laying

outside by your patio enjoying the day!

I am sure you will enjoy whatever you decide.

glastobury, ct
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Skipdog, thank you very much for your response. How private are the swim up rooms in the spa area. I read that the area is quiet, but I wonder if people can walk by your room and look in, or is there even a walkway?

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Hi

I will try to find the pictures that are posted out there.

I don't remember the web site. It is on shutterbug..but

you need to know their info.

I will get back to you. Pictures speak a 1,000 words.

looks very nice. There is "not" a walkway...just grass

so the only people who "may" pass your room on the outside

are other swim-out rooms. I also heard that the spa

swim outs were very private - but they may have been

when they were there (early on). More & more people are going to SERC as the word is out.

I will get back to you.

Skip

Northern Suburb of...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Hi

I was able to find the web site without much trouble.

If you can not get on it - scroll back for about a month

of post and the girl who down loaded the pictures

name is tonirx. I hope this helps a little. These pictures

are a hoot and when you see them you will know what I mean.

She was a doll to down load them all for us to see.

No matter what room you choose I know you will have a great time.

Skip

PS..there is also a travel agency...judy and maria's travel

that have other photos. Just google them - and then go

all over their website and you will find their trip to serc. :)

share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp…

glastobury, ct
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Skipdog,

great information, thank you so much.

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

just got back from two weeks at the Secrets Excellence and we had been upgraded to a swim out room. One note though seems to be that they aren't upgrading people anymore. We even know honeymooners that weren't given any upgrades. Anyhow, the swim out room was nice but the ground floor rooms are very noisy with people walking by at all hours and if you want to sleep past 6 then forget it because that's when room service starts and the carts rolling by are very loud. The personal lounges are very nice and people don't walk by very much. Forget using the outside hottub though without your bathing suit because it's not that private at all. We had a spa view room and the view is very nice. If you plan on sitting outside your room during the vacation you won't be involved in any of the activities which is nice if you want quiet. At the main pools you're practically sitting on the people beside you and it's hard to get a lounge. Tons of empty lounges on the beach though. All in all I wouldn't pay any extra for the swim out room and would probably request a second floor room with an outdoor hottub instead for more privacy. There seemed to be very few people using the swim out rooms little patios.

Hope that helps some.

Farrow

Ontario

WJB
Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Farrow-

We leave next Saturday for Secrets Excellence. Having just come back, any specific hints/tips that you'd care to pass on?

THANKS!

Bill

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: swim up rooms at Secrets Excellence

Hi Bill,

I'd be happy to try and answer any specific questions you have. We did all the major trips: Cozumel, Chichen Itza, Tulum, Ixcaret, Xel-Ha and jungle tour in Cancun. Sorry if my spelling is off I'm a little tired. As for the resort itself... it's lovely! Weather was very windy and cloudy most of the time we were there so it was a little cool at night. The food is excellent and drinks are all high end liquors. My favorite restaurant was the French but they're all great and make sure you take advantage of the inclusive room service! It's a nice treat for any meal. I'm not sure if you've been to Mexico before or not but I hadn't been and I was a little disappointed to find out it was $50 to go to Cancun or $50 to go to Playa del Carmen and there was really nothing to do around our resort. Nights sometimes got a little boring but if you're going for total relaxation then you've picked the right spot. Don't get me wrong... the shows at night are a lot of fun but after the shows it's pretty much nothing. Have a later dinner (after 7:30) so you're not waiting around for the shows to start.

I have so much information I could give but I'm not sure what you're specifically interested in so ask away if you want. You can start another thread and I can answer you there if that's better.

Hope that helped some. You're going to have a wonderful time!

Farrow