We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucan vs. Lindo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Upstate New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tucan vs. Lindo

Does anyone out there have any idea of how the Tucan compares to the Lindo? I'm told the beach is better at the Tucan...is this true?

Pgh
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tucan vs. Lindo

Can't speak about the Lindo but you're right - the beach at the tucan is fantastic. Was there in 2003 and going back in Dec 2005. Also, there was only one resort to the immediate south and no others for a while. You can walk a ways until you reach another resort.

I'm a beach person and that is what has us going back to Tucan.

dallas
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tucan vs. Lindo

I've been to both, the beach at each is incredible.

TUcan: Pros, no resorts to the south, so you can get away from all the people and find cool shells, etc. It's behind cozumel island, so there are very few waves.

Lindo: Bigger wave action (if you like that). A couple hundred yards out are some rocks, so if you go out in a kayak or catamaran there are more fish.

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tucan vs. Lindo

In 2004 we went to the Tucan. I thought that was the best beach around, then we went to the Maya in February and I acutually liked that one better. While we were at the Maya we visited the Tucan and the beach seems to have eroded alot in one year. Not noticable if you haven't been there before. But we have a 7 year old and she loves to play in the sand and run into the water. There is a drop from the beach to the water at the Tucan. And there is much more beach area at the Lindo/Maya. I hope I didn't confuse you much. If you have any more questions please ask. Tina