We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

Beach riding or what else?

Janesville...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

We rode horses out of Miroma. I was bored. For about an hour or so we rode on a sandy trail through a hurricane ravaged area. They did take us out in to the water with our horses a bit but only to get our pics to try to sell back to us.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

I have to be honest, we tend to stay away from things we can do at home and spend our time doing things that are not really available close to us. We can ride horses close to where we live. Plenty of other things to do in and around Playa.

Boston
Level Contributor
352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

We did it last April. My husband, myself and 2 of my kids. I can't remember the place, but it was half way between Cancun and Playa on the left. I wouldn't do it again. The ride itself was basic, through a trail and down to the beach. At the beach you can take (a different horse) into the ocean. I thought the crowd was too big with not enough staff. We had about 30 people in our group and 2 staff. Even though I said I was very inexperienced, I was given a very difficult horse. They also told us that when we get to the beach if the horse starts to drop get off quickly as it's going to roll in the sand. It did happen to one little girl. Luckily, she waa quick and could get out of the way. I don't think I'd have been that quick. My 9-year old daughter, who loves horses, liked it. We did get awesome pictures of her in the water with the horse. We did the same type of ride in the Dominican and it was far better. I'm glad we did it because my daughter loved it, but I wouldn't spend the money on it again. Now, the dolphin experience at Xcaret was worth every penny.

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

My daughter & husband ride at Rancho Loma Bonita.

Personally, my daughter skips the dolphins after doing it twice in the past for the chance to ride on the beach. It's her favorite excursion to do........My daughter has ridden at RLB at least 6 or 7 times.

Boston...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

Thank you all for posting. I have done alot of things in the past. This is will be my 6th time to mexico. I have swam with dolphins, jet ski though jungle, quite a few snorkling trips, xhla. We may try xcerat this time. I just wanted to do somthing different. Tanks again.

Beaglebum

6. Re: Is horse Back Riding Worth doing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 14, 2009