We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive near town

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver, canada
6 posts
Save Topic
All inclusive near town

hi there..

Two families are traveling to Playacar in July. I have stayed at the Barcelo and loved it, but this time we prefer to be closer to town. Not necessarily walking distance, but a 5 dollar cab ride is okay. We did not view the beaches in teh playacar area.. are they rocky? We are thinking of the Iberostar Tucan or the Gala Resort. Any suggestions would be great. Nice beach, sandy no rocks, good food, nice pool, swim up bar, pool activities are the must haves.

thanks!

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive near town

We stayed at the Iberostar Tucan last year in February. It is not as large as the Iberostar Del Mar or Palladium that we have also visited and is a little older. The beach is much better at the Tucan, service is excellent. My husband loved it because there is not as much walking. Great wildlife, howler monkeys, birds, built right into the jungle. We really like Iberostars. If you want to be close to Playa, this is an excellent choice.Lynn

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive near town

Try one of the RIU resorts or the Allegro. They're all within a 5 minute cab ride to Playa.

San Clemente, ca.
Level Contributor
173 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive near town

We too, stayed at the Barcelo (twice)..but it is not

close to town. In Oct. we stayed at the Gala.......

everything was super.....beach, pool, food.

The service is excellent......staff can't do enough

for you. We walked and rode bikes to town.......

Cabs run $ 5.00

Gala is close to Cozumel, so you can

hop the ferry and go over for the day.

Can't wait to go back !

Illinois
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive near town

We stayed at the Iberostar Tucan in June and loved it so much we are going back over Christmas. It got the approval of my "neat freak" husband for its cleanlines and approval of my 14 year old for the activities it offered. We had a greta time and can't wait to go bck. I believe the Gala is right next door to the Tucan. The great thing about the Tucan is that it is built around a jungle.

San Antonio, Texas
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive near town

We stayed at the Gala Playacar in July 2004. IT IS WONDERFUL!!! The food is great... the beach is white & soft... the water is sky blue & clear! It's the last resort on the playacar strip until xcaret. Which means, no boats or parasailers to muck up the water. You can also walk along the natural beach to the right for as long as you want - it's beautiful. Email me if you want some pictures of the beach!

PS - The cab ride was $4 to town.

PHILLY USA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive near town

I stayed in the Gala a couple of years ago. Very nice place - rated 5 star Apple vacations. Good food , nice beach, etc.

The Iberostars are also excellent places. The thing I liked about the Gala is that it's not too spread out. So that you can walk to the beach in minutes. You will have to take a cab into town for entertainment because it's a little far to walk. although, they provide bikes at the Gala and you can ride one over during the day. Check out applevacations.com and go to Mexico and then to Mayan riviera and then to hotels and you can check out all the hotels and see nice pictures etc.

steve

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive near town

Can't go wrong with the Tucan/Quetzal. Only 5bucks to get to Playa and GREAT beach, beautiful color no rocks. Lots for everyone to do. The food was good too.

new jersey
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive near town

iberostar is much nicer that the gala. jungle area is neat. monkeys peacocks tucans etc. beautiful lite walkways thru the jungle at night with waterfalls and mayan statues. beach and swimming area is very nice. food is great