We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wisconsin cheesehead count...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wisconsin cheesehead count...

I have noticed there are quite a few of us from Wisconsin on this board. Does that say something about wanting to get out of this dreary state? ;-)

Who else is from Wisconsin and when are you leaving for your trips? Where are you going?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,875 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Wisconsin cheesehead count...

Jamaica is nice, we stayed at Royal Decameron. It was a nice cozy small resort, got our own hut, so it had some character. I've also stayed at the Renaissance right in Ocho Rios. That resort was awesome, but now has a different name (Sunset?). We did a Sandals in Antigua, and not so sure I was totally impressed with them. The food was good, but I don't know if I'd stay at one again. Sometimes hubby and I are just as happy with the 3 and 4 stars.

Glad to see you got a good deal on your trip, My search continues!

Oshkosh, WI
Level Contributor
483 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Wisconsin cheesehead count...

Have any of you stayed at the Wilderness on the Lake condos in the dells? They are awesome..

As for the Palladium. I just priced out for 10 days in a junior suite for 3 people on Spring break for only 5200.00. Which is not bad. Now it the time to book. Other wise the prices go up and the hotel choices go down. Can't wait it is only a year away...Lol.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Wisconsin cheesehead count...

Hi Fellow Cheeseheads, I live in Appleton, (but was born and raised in Manitowoc). We go to El Dorado Seaside in December. Have also been to El Dorado Royale, and last year stayed at Secrets Capri.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Wisconsin cheesehead count...

Great to see so many fellow Wisconsinites! We spent our weekend camping and setting up our seasonal site. We are calling it "camp caribbean". I bought an electric palm tree, a giant toucan bird that lights up, some flamingos and all kinds of other stuff to decorate the site. It looks really nice. We had to laugh when we had it done last night and were sitting under two blankets by the fire - probably only in the mid 40's. We were talking that in 6 months we would be in the REAL caribbean.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13,875 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Wisconsin cheesehead count...

EMTLADY-too funny! We have seen those palm trees-I like your idea! We are tenters, so doesn't pay to get all that and have to set up every wknd. It was dang cold this wknd! Brrrr. Next wknd is our 10th anniv, and it looks cold again, so I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a hotel room in the Dells. I must be getting too old!

We have our bedroom set up as a "caribbean" room. I painted the walls to give it that orangy stucco look, we also have a palm tree, some caribbean deco things on the walls, tropical ceiling fan, etc. We love it, but not a substitue for the real thing!

everywhere
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Wisconsin cheesehead count...

Kurtvick: What did you think of the El Dorado Royale? I am going there in June for a honeymoon.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Wisconsin cheesehead count...

Vegaslife, We loved the El Dorado Royale, and I believe it is probably even better now. We where there in 2001, and they have since added alot on, and have an entire new lobby. The pictures I have seen of it since the remodel, really looks nice. I think you will enjoy it. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.