We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather condictions in Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Current weather condictions in Riviera Maya

Has anyone just reurned from Riviera Maya? I've been checking the weather codictions daily there and is saying rain everyday! I leave on the 17th and was just wondering what to expect.

Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Current weather condictions in Riviera Maya

Arrived home this morning and when I left it was baking hot!

During the last 2 weeks, we had a few showers, one cloudy day and mainly sunshine, it was beautiful

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current weather condictions in Riviera Maya

Thanks for your imput!!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current weather condictions in Riviera Maya

The forcasts always say "rain" everyday. We don't know why. Don't believe them. It may rain some days but when it does it is usually just a passing shower for 20 minutes then the sun is out again.

Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
818 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current weather condictions in Riviera Maya

Just back. June 30/July 7. As others have said you cannot rely on the weather reports. We had 7 days of sunshine with about 30 minutes of rain at lunch on the 5th day. The rainshower was actually a welcome respite.

It was blazing hot and humid. If you are on the beach with the perpetual breeze, and especially under a bit of shade the weather is perfect. Get out of the breeze and it's a whole 'nother matter. This is the third time I've been there in July. It's not a month to take excursions IMHO. Just veg in the seabreeze and it's wonderful.

5. Re: Current weather condictions in Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 30, 2009