We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP PLEASE - Los Cabos or Mayan Riviera All Inclusive?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victor, New York
Level Contributor
405 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
HELP PLEASE - Los Cabos or Mayan Riviera All Inclusive?

thinking of going to Mexico in April 2006 with my husband. We are in our late 40's. Looking for an all-inclusive with a great beach, safe ocean swimming, great restaurants and entertainment. Will probably fly out of Toronto.

Considering Los Cabos or Mayan Riviera. Any suggestions as to which would suit us better? Is there another destination that I have overlooked that we should consider?

Your input will be greatly appreciated. thanks so much!

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP PLEASE - Los Cabos or Mayan Riviera All Inclusive?

You have made two awesome choices and can't really go wrong to either resort area in Mexico!! My wife and I are both in our mid-40's and recently went to the Mayan Riviera area of Playa Del Carmen with our two teenage daughters in October. Prior to that vacation we went to Caba San Lucas approx. 3-4 yrs. ago. Although neither was an all inclusive, we had a great time at both. Keep in mind that the climate in the Cabo area is that of a desert, thus NO humidity and very comfortable. The Mayan Riviera area is the more typical Mexico climate with high humidity almost yearround.

The beaches of the Mayan are the white powdered sugar type and very nice. Although the Cabo beaches are not quite as stunning in nature, they too are very nice.

As both resort areas feature a long 30+ mi. coastline of exclusive resorts, many are all inclusive and can keep you quite isolated from the real nightlight of both city hotspots of PDC and Cabo. So, depending on your distance from either, you may want to consider renting a car if you plan on leaving your resort very often. If you are truly looking at AI resorts, you may not have much interest in getting around to explore all that both areas have to offer with the ruins, snorkeling, etc.

Good luck on making your choice, I know it's not going to be easy but you will have a blast at either!!

New Milford, CT
Level Contributor
348 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP PLEASE - Los Cabos or Mayan Riviera All Inclusive?

I have been to both areas and PDC wins hands down.