We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolphin Swims

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dolphin Swims

My family of four are looking for advice on where to go for a dolphin swim for all four of us. We want to get the most bang for our buck. Our son has already done the dolphin encounter at Excaret so we are looking for other options. Thanks

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolphin Swims

Dolphin DIscovery in Puerto Adventuras.

www.dolphindiscovery.com

Bucks Cnty, PA
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolphin Swims

Jvoor--did he like the dolphin program at Xcaret?? Any bad parts?

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolphin Swims

Magilla: He loved it. Sign up early. As I remember they book up quickly.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolphin Swims

Hi my daughter and I did the dolphin swim at Xel-Ha....we had a great time. It was our 1st time ever so we have nothing to compare it to.....we booked online and pd around $94 each to swim with them.....and then paid the extra for the day at the park. I know it's more if you just go there and then you might not get to swim with the dolphins cause they book up fast. I've read mixed reviews on the park....the more experienced snorkelers won't go back. For the 1st time snorkelers like ourselves...we had a ball. The waves were calm my little girl could keep up and she saw tons of fish...big blue ones, white and yellow ones, black and yellow one, a pink one, big Jacks, a barcouda, a small sting ray...etc.

Bucks Cnty, PA
Level Contributor
175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolphin Swims

Jvoor--do you suggest that we book on line before we go?

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolphin Swims

Magilla: Its been 3 or 4 years since we went. We were on a cruise ship that docked at playa del carmen. We went to the tour office and bought our tickets for the park and the bus ride and as soon as we got there we booked the dolphin swim. I guess we arrived at about 10:30 AM. It would probably be a good idea to book in advance to assure a spot. Wish I could be more help but its been a while.

playa del carmen
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolphin Swims

on this page their is 8 diferent swim with dolphins seamonkeybusiness.com/activities_playa_del_c… i have been in the one in puerto aventura and it was amazing. but its not the one that looks the pritiest like xcaret

Boston...
Level Contributor
574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolphin Swims

IVOOR: I keep reading about X-Caret, Xel-Ha & also the Dolphin Discovery. I too am looking for same thing. I guess it depends on how long you get to swim w/ dolphins & what trips they let you do with them. At dolphin discovery, the swim is $125 (I did this last year in Bahamas through same company - was totally awesome~~); I just looked online for prices, etc. ww.dolphindiscovery.com Did your son enjoy the dolphin encounter at Excaret??? How old is he ?? I would like to make a whole day affair out of this by doing some beginner snorkeling; dolphin swim (not encounter), etcc.... It does look like excaret is better place for what I want to do. Your thoughts.... Undecided between excaret & xel-ha...

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolphin Swims

Nonnie37:

Never been to XelHA so can't comment on it. Did spend most of the day at Xcaret. My son was about 12 at the time and he thoroughly enjoyed the dolphin swim. If I remember correctly they went in groups of 6 people and did a few tricks with the dolphins. The finale was that two dolphins come behind you and put their noses on each of your feet and propel you through the pool so fast that your chest comes out of the water. As soon as you relax your legs, they quit pushing plus their is a handler on the other end of the pool just in case there is a problem. Looked awesome and my son thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Lasted approx. one hour. Xcaret has a lot of things to do. They have underground river you can swim through, bat cave, cenotes near the ocean, beaches, restaurants, horse show, music etc. Was a really nice place to spend the day. Hope this helps.