We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about e-tickets??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
question about e-tickets??

hi,

i just got our tickets by e-mail from our travel agent and printed them out, seems weird im used to getting tickets in a ticket jacket, will we get something else when we go to the ticket counter?, one pice of paper seems strange!!!

thanks,

7 more sleeps!!!

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: question about e-tickets??

Shermie,

We got our tickets to PDC this year that way also. I too was very weirded out by them and kept expecting something else to come by mail. I thought that can't be it!!! Something printed out of my printer at home and $9,000. off my Visa??? My girlfriend booked her trip to the Lindo on line (we were going to the Del Mar) for the same time and she got the conventional tickets in the mail. I think it's the company that you book with. Our was Skyservice, hers was Air Canada. I called and asked about it and was told it is the way all companies will be producing tickets in the future. Still seemed weird to me, but it worked. We got there with them....;-)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about e-tickets??

When you check in you will get a boarding pass, that is all you'll need.

I have found all I need at the ticket counter these days is my passport, I don't even need that one piece of paper.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about e-tickets??

Yup, when I leave I check two things. I have my passport and my pants are zipped.

Go E-TICKET !!!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about e-tickets??

That piece of paper and your passport are all you need. The agent at the airport will then issue you the more typical ticket to get you through security and board the plane.

I understand your skepticism. The second year we went to PDC I found a travel agent on this site. She was much cheaper than the local agent we had used the year before. I planned most of our trip by emailing back and forth. I then mailed her a nice size check to pay for the vacation. After it was cashed, I got these email tickets. It was then that I showed my husband this piece of paper, that I had printed off the computer, saying that this was what we were to use for tickets!! Well, the ENTIRE way to the airport he insisted that I had been scammed and that we didn't have reservations, that we were going to have to go back home, blah, blah blah. Well, it was all on the up and up, we went and had a wonderful time. And for the rest of the trip I got to say "I told you so!"

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question about e-tickets??

thanks all,

feel much better now

didnt want to bug my t.a again and again ha ha

was just a little nervous about that expencive piece of paper called a ticket!!!!

iowa
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: question about e-tickets??

E-tickets have been around for quite sometime. Personally I don't travel much, but I do know that in the last 5 years or so when I did travel, always used E-tickets. Much more convenient tha the standard paper ticket. If you loose the standard paper ticket, you are pretty much out of luck. With the e-ticket you just have to worry about your confirmation # & your e-ticket #, which should have been noted in that little e-mail you received.

Upon arrival at the airport, you then only have to show your identification. Some airlines even allow you to pre-print your boarding passes within 24 hrs of departure.

Many airlines will be going completely to the e-ticket format in the very near future. Apparently printing will save lots of many rather than having to print and issue those old paper ones.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,905 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: question about e-tickets??

I think they are NEAT.

What would you do if a person didn't have a Printer? lol

Just make sure you Name etc. is all Correct.,and you have Resort Voucher.

nyc
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: question about e-tickets??

Just make sure you were not charged for documents,it's usually your paperwork sent by mail.

9. Re: question about e-tickets??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 31, 2009