We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
uk
Level Contributor
342 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

Dear Future Brides

Thought it may be a nice idea to pass on info about weddings, prices, flights and ideas etc for our future wedding. For instance i am wondering what materical to use for my wedding dress as its so hot in playa.Those who are travelling sooner can pass on there wise words.

If anyone is interested reply to this and i can pass on my email or alternatively we can communicate through this wonderful site.

Holaflower

uk

LA, CA
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

Hi! Great Idea! I'm getting married in Todos Santos, Baja Sur at a place called Alegria. I choose this place because of the great weather not too hot juts right and it is a very small quaint town.

I'm actually having a gorgeous dress made from very very high thread count egiptian cotton. Like the sheets, we all like how they feel right? Well my dress is great!

I'm having a great time planning my wedding it is going to be a great fiesta atmosfere.

One great idea that my coordinator had for little gifts for your guests. Have pretty little cloth bags with wribbon ties to match your color scheme (mine are silvery green with a buttery cream color) stuff with traditional mexican candy. One great candy is the chocolate coins wrapped in gold foil and stamped with the mexican eagle. I'm using those but there are many different unusual candies.

Congratulations and have fun!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

I am not getting married but was married in Mexico two years ago. If anyone has any quesitons let me know.

We provided all our guests a 'goodie bag' upon arrival. It contained a nice welcome note, a schedule of events for the weekend and a lot of information about the area. In the bag we included the following: disposable camera, gel hand sanitizer, gum, mexican candy, tissues, spf lip balm, a small candle and I'm drawing a blank on the rest, and I made a CD with a cd label on the front with our engagement picture. On the CD was about 12 of our favorite 'love songs' and a video collage of pictures of us growing up, meeting, getting engaged, ect to the tune of Louis Armstrong's What a wonderful world.

3. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:04 am, October 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

I just remembered that when I was planning my wedding I used a website called www.ultimatewedding.com. There is a forum for desitnation weddings. Mostly brides for Vegas and the Bahamas but very good stuff.

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

Hi there.

We are getting married at the Grand Palladium,Mayan Riveria in Mexico at the end of May. I am wearing a tradional wedding dress but our wedding isn't till 4:00 so it will have cool off a bit by then. What resort have you booked for your wedding?

Stacey

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

Hi there.

We are getting married at the Grand Palladium,Mayan Riveria in Mexico at the end of May. I am wearing a tradional wedding dress but our wedding isn't till 4:00 so it will have cool off a bit by then. What resort have you booked for your wedding?

Stacey

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

Hi there.

Stacey

uk
Level Contributor
342 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

getting married iB tucan in playa not until feb 2006. Its really expensive from the uk so saving hard!

Have no idea about my wedding dress. All i know is that i want something light especially a material that does not crease so much.

I like the idea of goodie bags fab idea. Maybe a thank you card with our picture in of our wedding day. Not sire if Ib have photo facilities.

Oh- make up any ideas?

Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

Hi Holaflower,

We have decided to go ahead with FC as we cant wait any longer.

AS soon as i get up in the morning i am ringing them to book to get married at the Tucan, flying out from Manchester on 21st May 06. I am so excited, there will 24 of us alltogether. I've not even started to think about a dress yet but getting some ideas from people on here.

Tarka

England
Level Contributor
134 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: calling all brides to be- for mexican weddings in 2005/06

I am getting married in Puerto Aventuras in May and I've always wanted to get married somewhere hot, but I've also always wanted a big dress, so I have bought a strapless full princess dress and am wearing a hoop, as this will let air get to my legs. Just wondering how I'm going to get it there now...

Have a great wedding